Thursday, April 02, 2009

24 Days until we roll

The vacation is getting closer and closer and I'm soooo excited. I've spent a couple of evenings over the past few weeks researching the sites of the Southwest, in particular southern Arizona and New Mexico. I'm reasonably confident I've got the basis of a fantastic road trip. A total of 1750 miles and 32.5 hours driving :-) A lot of ground to cover but nowhere near as much as last year.



















Phoenix, AZ - Start and stop.
Tucson, AZ - Destert Museum and Pima Air and Space Museum
Bisbee, AZ - Small southwest town
Tombstone, AZ - Home of the OK Coral and Wyat Erp
Alamogordo, NM - White Sands National Monument
Magdelena, NM - The Very Large Aray
Acoma Pueblo, NM - Indian Pueblos
Santa Fe, NM - The heart of the Southwest?
Taos, NM - More Indian Pueblos
Durango, CO - Home of the Durango Silverton Railroad
Monument Valley, AZ - Need I say more
Sedona, AZ - The first place Abi and I visited in the Southwest and a great place to end the vacation.

No comments: