Thursday, June 07, 2007

Yawn....!

Its official - I hate my job and the people I work for (perhaps hate is too strong a word but it will do for now). The enthusiasm I used to have is long gone. Every morning it’s a struggle just to get out of bed. I know it's a struggle for most people but I'm not interested in coming in the office. I’d much rather stay at home and watch reruns of ‘Cash in the Attic’, that’s how bored I am. Perhaps I'm suffering from depression? Could it be I've been working for the same company for too long? Maybe I've been in the same role for longer than I should have? It might be that I’ve never really had a career and have no interest in climbing the greasy pole (you won’t see me on the Apprentice). Perhaps I should have taken the offer of a job in the RAF. I could be a retired technician working for a middle eastern government earning some tax free cash with a lovely pension to fall back on and no worries about the future. I do appreciate it's a means to an end - you work to live and don't live to work (well some of us do anyway) but spending another twenty years in this place would drive me up the wall. The office has all the atmosphere of a train spotter’s convention on a rainy Wednesday afternoon in Crawley. The people with any sense have gone and most of those that were left have been outsourced. Just the Muppets and paper pushers left. I was offered redundancy a few months ago; perhaps I should have taken it. I wonder if it’s still available. Hmmmmm, now there’s a thought.
I suppose the time has come for me to move on; unfortunately I have a mortgage to pay and no idea what I can or could do if I left. ANY ideas would be appreciated? You can leave a comment below; job offers will also be welcome.

Right now I'm off to investigate SOAP and find out if I'm actually able to do my job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I hear you on hating your job and having no interest in going into the office! I called in to work today and said I'd be "working from home" although my manager knows I have NOTHING to do. Such is life. I work for the weekends!

I've been sitting on the couch watching the Golden Girls and Frasier this morning. I plan to meet Aaron for lunch and to go to the pool a bit later today. Now that is a day well spent!

Hope all is well!

- Kim Amicon :)