Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Lunch is for wimps....

Micheal Douglas is to reprise his role as Gordon Gecko in the movie Money Never Sleeps - the sequal to Wall Street. Don't you remember the fabulous quotes - 'Greed is good', 'Whats worth doing is worth getting paid for' (which could be updated to 'whats worth doing could be outsourced to someone who doesn't give a s**t') and 'If you need a friend, get a dog!!' How can you forget the braces, pin stripe suites and the 80's fashions. If you are as bored as I am you can go to this site and watch his speech. It's still as relevant today as it was 20!!!! years ago. 'The new law of evolution in corporate America seems to be survival of the unfittest'

As I like to say 'IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT MONEY'

And while I'm here a quick moan. Web sites - why do the developers try to be too clever. I'm in Denmark and blogger.com seems to think I must be Danish, regardless of the fact my computers regional settings are all 'ENGLISH UK'. What makes it think that if my laptop is English but I'm in Denmark I must have picked up the langauge. If anyone knows what Vis Eksempel means let me know...

1 comment:

Abi said...

It means 'show example' which could possibly be a poor translation for 'for example' but one way or the other it should be relevant!

Don't worry honey, you'll be back home soon to all that is English! .. :-)

hope your last day's gone well and you're taking it all in! xxxx