Tuesday, May 22, 2007

43k is not enough...but who cares

Completed our own little walk this weekend. The Abi & Rob 43K Van Ieper. We were walking around Ieper in Belgium along with Germans, Dutch, Belgians some French and quite a few Brits. A 100K walk staggered over three days. I think we were a little too ambitious and the lack of training showed. Still we managed 43K (I'm including the walk to and from the hotel to the start line) and had a wonderful time. It's all about taking part and enjoying yourself - thats what I keep telling myself anyway.

Great picture below. Notice the difference in walking styles. Muzza on the left is really focusing, trying hard and doing a good job, Dave in the middle is taking it in his stride, like he was walking to the corner shop and Abi - well she's very special ;-) The only girl walking in a mini skirt and doing it with such style.
The photo's are on Flickr in the usual place (Link down the right hand side. Off to Austria next but will update the blog before we leave on Friday.

3 comments:

Abi said...

I'd just like to say there were other people in skirts (and they were over the age of 10yrs!) I just don't do shorts ..!

Abi said...

ps - it's Switzerland :-)

Anonymous said...

p.s. I don't care but thanks for the comment. Everyone else is just boring.