Thursday, February 08, 2007

Nine Point Turn....

Another week has gone by without a blog update!!! Shock horror!!!!! Well very few people read this anyway so I’m sure my ramblings haven’t been missed. I’ve been back for ten days and don’t have a lot to talk about. Jet Lag is over although I’m still tired in the evenings (must be the fact that the Brits work longer hours than the Aussies). I’ve settled back into work and home but the cold weather is awful. We had a few inches of snow this morning which made for an interesting drive into work and it appears that I’ve got a cold. Fantastic!!!!

Work is dragging on. I’m waiting to hear if my current role is part of the new organisation. We should hear something next week but I’m wont hold my breath. I’ve asked my boss if there’s an opportunity to do something different. I’ve been doing the same thing for the past seven years and it’s probably time to move on. I don’t think my current role as a long shelf life so in the words of ‘Gunny Highway’ it’s time to ‘Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!!!’

Only five weeks until our holiday and I’m getting a little nervous. The paperwork for the RV arrived last week and the reality of attempting to drive a 30ft vehicle is sinking in. Abi’s a great driver and I’m sure we’ll be fine but the first few days will be interesting. It’s not the highways or back roads that bother me, it’s the national parks and the smaller towns. Where do you park one of these things and how the hell do you do a three point turn. Comments please.

The next step is to plan the holiday or well at least get a rough idea of the area we want to cover then I can start looking for RV parks!!!! At the moment we plan to head north east from Phoenix to the Four Corners area with a few side trips along the way. We are hoping to visit Mesa Verde National Park, Monument Valley, The CanyonLands, Moab, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park. It’s a real Wild West tour and any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 comments:

H said...

If you have never driven anything of this shape before, be aware of the rear wheel overhang. It appears that you have about 8 to 10 feet of bodywork behind the rear wheel, which will sweep on corners. When turning right mind vehicles coming in the opposite direction, and when turning left look out for pedestians on the pavement.

Sis said...

Sounds absolutely fab !!! Sure you'll both have a great time !!

On the subject of large vehicles. I was listening to radio 1 today and they were discussing the latest Top Gear challenge. They had to design and build a road legal stretch Limo. Apparently Jeremys was 30 ft long !!! All sounds quite a laugh. Should be on tv in a few weeks.

Love to you and Abs xxxxxxxxxxxx