Friday, January 19, 2007

How long before I get in?

My work here is nearly done, another day of updated specifications, documentation reviews, discussing processes and trying to agree a name for the application. Fan-tas-tic!!! My iPod has helped me through the day and it's little batteries need recharging. Here is a glimpse of my most played song this afternoon.

Coldplay - Speed of Sound
How long before I get in?
Before it starts, before I begin?
How long before you decide?
Before I know what it feels like?
Where to, where do I go?
If you never try, then you'll never know.
How long do I have to climb,
Up on this side of this mountain of mine?

Look up, I look up at night,
Planets are moving at the speed of light.
Climb up, up in the trees,
every chance that you get,
is a chance you seize.
How long am I gonna stand,
with my head stuck under the sand?
I’ll start before I can stop,
or before I see things the right way up.

And all that noise and all that sound,
all those spaces I have found.
And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
Birds came flying from the underground,
if you could see it then you'd understand…

4 comments:

C Martin said...

Fantastic choice in music and should help you get in the right frame of mind. Remember, anything is possible

S Wonder said...

Outstanding song. I'm sure all your friends envy your great taste in music.

Muzza said...

Rob I've always enjoyed your blog and it has in fact been the inspiration for looking at some other blogs out there. A case in point is the Dilbert blog written by Scott Adams. Link - http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/

His blog is not an extension of Dilbert, although that would be funny but, like yours, a collection of thoughts and ideas that pop into his head from day to day. Worth a read as he's a passionate man with something to say.

Abi said...

Murray ... if you'd care to look back at Blog #50 woohoo!! (or however Rob titled it) you will see there a link to the very website you talk about (+ a Dilbert skit for all those who were unsure who he was/is) ... which made me giggle as you are normally very good at reading and taking in (when playing your favourite game of devils advocate!!) but perhaps you were having a 'julie moment'..?!