Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Smoking Gun....

I've just found the Hecklerspray web site. For all those people that don't take life too seriously or those that want another slant on life.

Remember, tomorrow I'm going to be discussing blues and it's impact on modern music. In preparation for this I thought I would share my introduction to blues with you. I caught a video of Robert Cray singing Smoking Gun on MTV way back in 1988. I've followed Robert Cray ever since and managed to see him on several occasions. The most notable being at the New Orleans Aquarium in 2002. I was attending a conference and he was co hosting the evenings entertainment with Blues Traveler (another outstanding Blues Band). I stood at the foot of the stage and he even posed while I took a picture. You have to love Blues lyrics. Always singing about failed relationships.

Pop Quiz - a) What was the year and location of the blues festival shown in the video? b) The video is part of the ?????? ????????? Sessions. c) What club did he film in? Easy, just watch the video closely. First correct answers wins a prize. Remember I've just got back from the Hunter Valley so it could be worth taking the time.

5 comments:

Bob said...

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I.
-- Bill Murray (What about Bob)

Elwood said...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

rob said...

Come on guys - give me a break and post something. It's boring otherwise.

Abi said...

something (just coz I'm soooo funny!) and no-one else has bothered yet :-(

Abi said...

I win! I win! I WIN!!!! You're all tooooooo late (and I now hope I'm right) ... the answers are (i) the Rainbow Club (ii) Seattle 1985 and (iii) the Strong Persuader session ... yeah!! see you tomorrow for prizes when I land xx