Sunday, December 31, 2006

NYE - Blog # 01

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. It’s 17:40 on New Years Eve and we are back in the apartment. Abi is preparing the evenings snacks, I’ve just finished the ironing (I am a sad bugger at times), Duran Duran is playing on the stereo (Notorious!!!!) and we’re having a coffee (don’t want to peak too early).

We had a lovely morning/afternoon wandering around the town. The weather was fantastic, warm with clearish skies. We spent a while in Hyde Park people watching (a sport Abi excels in and I'm just getting to grips with). It reminds me of Central Park but on a slightly smaller scale. It's nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for a while. The high point of the day was our shopping expedition where we bought a new toy!!!!! I’ve wanted a digital SLR for ages and I know how much Abi enjoys taking photo’s so I thought it would be worth getting something decent. We purchased a Sony A100 and with careful research and Abi’s sales skills we managed to save a few bob and get a free bag and memory card. It’s charging now and I can’t wait to take some photos this evening.

On another note I heard that the England team have arrived at the hotel. Abi said she bumped into some athletic types in the lift earlier. They may have been cricketers be she hasn’t got a clue. It’s getting cloudy now and rain is forecast so I feel sorry for all the thousands of people who are camped in the various parks. We’ve got friends arriving around 8:30 to help us celebrate the New Year and several firework displays at 9 and midnight.

Photo's posted from last night and today....More updates later…x

No comments: