Wednesday, November 22, 2006

On our way

We’ve been back from Barcelona for over a week now and I must apologise for neglecting our blog. It’s been a hectic 10 days getting ready to go down under for the holidays. Delivering presents, writing cards, sorting out the garden, cleaning the car and working out how someone my size packs for six weeks and keeps the luggage under the 32kg. I leave at the weekend and Abi follows me down 10 days later.

We’re both looking forward to spending time in Sydney although we will miss friends and family back home. We love the city and I’m sure we’ll have plenty of fun. Two invites to dinner on Christmas day and some idea of what to do on New Years Eve. Abi wants to watch the fireworks with 1.2 other people sitting on a blanket near the harbour. I want to watch it from my balcony sipping champagne and stuffing my face. Let’s see what we do.

Further updates will follow. For the moment here is a picture I found on the net of a typical Aussie xmas dinner.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea where you got that picture but it's all wrong. We're not totally without class in Australia! We use schooner glasses for our beer at Christmas and you'd never entertain the notion of serving a steak that doesn't hang over the sides of the plate on such a specia day! Also...Where are the prawns?