Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Crispy Ducks Revenge!!! :o(

Well it had to happen at some point!!!! I have the dreaded Dehli Belly!! Not something I enjoy experiencing when stuck in a cab in heavy traffic. A friend of mine once said that he measured the quality of his life in India by the distance he was from the nearest bathroom. I can understand that feeling.

I put this down to a Chinese I had on Friday night. It was the spiciest thing I've had since I've been here. How you can make a very spicy Chinese???? It's supposed to be tame. The crispy duck was awful and I should have finished at that point. Did I???? Noooooo!!!!!! I couldn't let the Piper family down. Nobody in Abi's family leaves a Chinese untouched. I had to finish it or I would have to return home hanging my head in shame. I felt rough on Sunday, stayed in the hotel on Monday but came into work Tuesday. Today (Wednesday) I awoke with stomach cramps and rushed to the bathroom. I'll spare you the details but let me just say it's an experience I don’t want to repeat.

I'm taking antibiotics and diarrhoea tablets in the hope it will clear up before I leave on Friday. I really should have started them on Sunday but fingers crossed it will be fine tomorrow. For the time being I'm going to stick to a diet of bread and lots of water (bottled of course!!!). I hope you aren’t reading this over breakfast :-(

Attached is a photo of my shirts after they returned from the hotel laundry. Check out the cardboard bow ties. Excellent idea!!!!

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Herb said...

Don't you go blaming my family for your discomfort. You are old enough to know when to stop eating. To say that you do not wish to repeat this experience is a bit too late as you will probably be repeating the experience all day. Maybe if you had had a bit more Garlic with your food it may have killed the bugs! We had a Chinese meal on Monday, and we are fine thank you. However, we hope you are fully recovered before the flight home, or seated close to the necessarium.